My goal is to serve, train, and lead others unto excellence and quality through respect, concern, and humility in whatever position I find myself.
An accomplished, future-oriented, performance-driven professional with broadly diverse expertise encompassing web and application development, informational architecture, instructional design, e-learning, curriculum development, leadership training, social media, needs assessment/analysis, as well as strategic planning who continually expands upon existing skill set to educate colleagues on the implementation of new technologies with proven capabilities in development operations (DevOps), operations & business analysis, continuous improvement, quality assurance with a solid commitment to excellence.
I have served companies in four major capacities:
- Leadership/Management: Strategic business and personnel development, creative disruptive innovation, creating and executing personal and team professional development plans, and mentoring. Also experienced with developing the corporate core competencies, leadership and performance models based on the company’s culture and core values resulting in behavioral expectations. Serve as a TriMetrix/DISC Behavioral Analyst of all leadership (including Sales/Account Managers) and potential promotions and new hires
- Website & Online Application Development: Discovery, design, development, and deployment of the website including information architecture (including taxonomies), online marketing strategies, and branding utilizing web development platforms (e.g., SharePoint, WordPress, etc.) and appropriate DevOps (Git, SVN, TFS, Visual Studio Online, etc) and agile/SCRUM methodology.
- eLearning/Online Training: Development and design of eLearning courses (both rapid & storyboard), LMS implementation, curriculum architecture and design, and administration, and the implementation, administration, and training of web conferencing software/services including GoToMeeting and WebEx.
- Operations Management: Achieve exceptionally high results while maintaining good professional relationships with my associates ensuring operational compliance reducing damages and claims utilizing a lean management strategy.
Managed, refactored, and scaled the automated local weather application to deliver the current weather forecast videos. This included writing code in nodejs (including express & socket.io), ActionScript 3, scaleform, ffmpeg, sox, and AngularJS using mongoDB with a variety of API calls.
Lead the SharePoint/Collaboration practice developing scalable, line of business solutions and branding solutions for clients within SharePoint.
- Work within the Agile software development framework
- Create, architect and implement SharePoint farm designs
- Write and review technical specifications based on requirements and functional specifications
- Communicate development concepts with presentations utilizing tools such as PowerPoint Storyboarding and Visio to various audiences including peers and C-Level Executives
Responsible for supervising Learning Projects, introducing and evaluating new Learning technologies for L & D innovation and creativity, representative to the Social Media Roundtable for Learning and Development developing our social media business requirements and strategy for social learning, and ROI evaluations and measurements.
- Converted existing training to online and virtual training classes, developed new training, as well as managed and evaluated online learning experiences by working closely with various subject matter experts, as well as using tools such as the SCORM Driver, Adobe Flash, Adobe Captivate, Lectora, and Articulate Studio & Storyline.
- Developed the social learning strategy for Learning and Development as well as served as the L & D liaison to the UPS Social Media Roundtable.
- Developed justifications and proposals for innovative and creative training solutions including virtual simulations (Maximize Personal Effectiveness, Maximize Effectiveness with Others), serious gaming, mobile learning, and the Learning Gateway.
- Supported the enterprise organization with both LMS content & system administration (SuccessFactors LMS).
Managed integration and implementation, training, architect, as well as administration of Learning Management System and assessed enhancements to program. Re-designed and converted existing training, developed new training, as well as managed and evaluated online learning experiences by working closely with various subject matter experts, as well as using tools such as Adobe eLearning Suite and Articulate Studio 2009. Developed, managed and evaluated leadership development, talent review process, as well as training orientations/programs for overall effectiveness. Directed timeline and coordination of training/development programs for company. Conducted and contributed to leadership candidate interview and selection process.
- Managed administration, training and enhancements to GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and GoToTraining.
- Identified and prepared metrics needed for analysis of overall effectiveness of leadership development/training as well as manipulated data in form of charts, graphs and tables.
- Developed branded marketing and communication tools to communicate training and development offered by organizational development department.
- Achieved three Quality without Question Awards.
- Served as member of employee satisfaction team and social media team.
- Trained and implemented GoToMeeting Corporate with ROI of over $1,000,000 in the first full year.
- Contributed to development and implementation of leadership knowledge-based website.
Oversaw direct instruction of students as well as planning instruction and setting goals for New Testament Survey. Communicated standards, achievements and deficiencies to students as well as parents. Monitored and assessed academic progress as well as maintained complete and accurate student academic and disciplinary records. Maintained and continually improved knowledge and skills. Led team to India to learn the culture, serve at local orphanages/schools, and develop students’ leadership skills.
Developed SOP and SOP evaluations for the Shipping Dock (for the company). Cooperated and coordinated with other departments to ensure safety, operations production and compliance, and excellent quality.
- As a result of my leadership, we achieved the highest on-time departure percentages the building ever achieved.
- As a result of my leadership, my team continued to perform well after I left the company to chase a dream to teach high school students.
Ensured operations compliance and productivity through audits communication as well as training. Implemented efficiency and quality initiatives as well as process improvements. Completed root cause analysis of various systems and reports, including SQI, Claims and DPRs.
- Developed and executed quality principles/processes through various means, including Business Objects, AS400, ISS, TMS, TQM and BCSA.
- Contributed to regional safety committee, regional and hub quality committees.
- Achieved FedEx Ground Service Manager of the Month seven times, Purple Promise Award at FedEx Ground, Most Improved Award at FedEx Ground, Survivor’s Award at FedEx Ground, as well as held hub records in every measured index.
- Started as a part-time operations supervisor and promoted three times within two years.
Oversaw outbound shipping operation. Utilized productivity methods and training tools. Documented efficiency standards and deviations. Audited employees for efficiency, methods and training. Achieved multiple Supervisor of the Week Awards and highest operations numbers on sort.
SharePoint 2010/2013/Online, WordPress, HTML/HTML5/XHTML, CSS/CSS3, JS (AngularJS, nodeJS, jQuery, Grunt, Gulp, Phantom, ECMAScript 6), TypeScript, PHP, SQL 2012/2014, MySQL, SEO, Google Analytics, C#/.NET
Training/Learning & Development
SCORM, eLearning, social learning (Jive, SuccessFactors Jam, IBM Connections, WordPress BuddyPress, SharePoint, etc.), social media, implementing learning technologies (GoToMeeting, WebEx, LMSes), LMS implementation & administration, simulation development (software & immersive), technologies & services, instructional design, classroom facilitation & instructor led training (ILT), ILT conversions to virtual ILTs (VILT) and/or eLearning chunking, learning strategy development and strategic planning, and curriculum development (objective writing, scope & sequence).
Visual Studio Ultimate, Visual Studio Code, ReSharper, WebStorm, PHPStorm, Adobe Creative Suite (Master Collection) including the eLearning Suite, Audtion/Soundbooth, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, & Captivate, Articulate Studio (Beta Tester) and Articulate Storyline (Beta Tester), NexLearn’s SimWriter, SmartBuilder, SMART Technologies, GoToMeeting, AdobeConnect, WebEx, MS Office 2013, Audacity, Notepad++, Sublime Text, NetBeans, Eclipse, and MS SQL Server Management Studio.
Hobbies include web development, public speaking, teaching, competitive volleyball, Ultimate Frisbee, collegiate football and basketball, reading leadership books, biographies, and other non-fiction books, spending time with my family, and traveling.