An accomplished, performance-driven training and development professional with broadly diverse expertise encompassing instructional design, e-learning, curriculum development, leadership training, social media, needs assessment/analysis, as well as strategic planning who continually expands upon existing skill set to educate colleagues on the implementation of new technologies with proven capabilities in operations analysis, continuous improvement, quality assurance and safety and a solid commitment to excellence.
UPS, Atlanta, Georgia
Learning Technologist & Learning Project Management Supervisor
Re-designed and converted existing training into virtual classroom (VILT) and/or online training, developed new WBT and ILT courses, as well as managed and evaluated online learning experiences by working closely with various subject matter experts, as well as using tools such as Adobe Creative Suite 5, Adobe eLearning Suite and Articulate Studio 2009 & Storyline.
- Worked as the Subject Matter Expert and instructional designer for the two primary base online courses (Maximize Personal Effectiveness & Maximize Effectiveness with Others) for our Leadership Curriculum which won the Gold Brandon Hall Custom Content Award
- Developed the informal and social learning strategy for UPS and representing Learning and Development on the corporate Social Media Roundtable
- Supervised eLearning team for the development of new training for new service(s) release for the all US Small Package operations and for enterprise deployment
- Introduced new eLearning development technologies such as NexLearn’s SimWriter, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, and SCORM Driver
- Content Administrator for the Learning Management Systems used at UPS
SOUTHEASTERN FREIGHT LINES, Lexington, South Carolina
Senior Training and Organizational Development Specialist
Managed integration and implementation, training, architect, as well as administration of Learning Management System and assessed enhancements to program. Re-designed and converted existing training, developed new training, as well as managed and evaluated online learning experiences by working closely with various subject matter experts, as well as using tools such as Adobe eLearning Suite and Articulate Studio 2009. Developed, managed and evaluated leadership development, talent review process, as well as training orientations/programs for overall effectiveness. Directed timeline and coordination of training/development programs for company. Conducted and contributed to leadership candidate interview and selection process.
- Managed administration, training and enhancements to GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and GoToTraining.
- Identified and prepared metrics needed for analysis of overall effectiveness of leadership development/training as well as manipulated data in form of charts, graphs and tables.
- Developed branded marketing and communication tools to communicate training and development offered by organizational development department.
- Achieved three Quality without Question Awards.
- Served as member of employee satisfaction team and social media team.
- Trained and implemented GoToMeeting Corporate with ROI of over $1,000,000 in the first full year.
- Contributed to development and implementation of leadership knowledge-based website.
FEDEX PACKAGING SYSTEMS, Hutchins, Texas
Quality, Safety and Operations Manager
Ensured operations compliance and productivity through audits communication as well as training. Implemented efficiency and quality initiatives as well as process improvements. Completed root cause analysis of various systems and reports, including SQI, Claims and DPRs.
- Developed and executed quality principles/processes through various means, including Business Objects, AS400, ISS, TMS, TQM and BCSA.
- Contributed to regional safety committee, regional and hub quality committees.
- Achieved FedEx Ground Service Manager of the Month seven times, Purple Promise Award at FedEx Ground, Most Improved Award at FedEx Ground, Survivor’s Award at FedEx Ground, as well as held hub records in every measured index.
UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, Mesquite, Texas
Oversaw outbound shipping operation. Utilized productivity methods and training tools. Documented efficiency standards and deviations. Audited employees for efficiency, methods and training. Achieved multiple Supervisor of the Week Awards and highest operations numbers on sort.
FAITH CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, Grapevine, Texas, High School Bible Teacher, 2008. Oversaw direct instruction of students as well as planning instruction and setting goals for New Testament Survey. Communicated standards, achievements and deficiencies to students as well as parents. Monitored and assessed academic progress as well as maintained complete and accurate student academic and disciplinary records. Maintained and continually improved knowledge and skills. Led team to India to learn the culture, serve at local orphanages/schools, and develop students’ leadership skills.
LEXINGTON HIGH SCHOOL, Lexington, South Carolina, Teacher and Assistant Track Coach, 1998-2002. Responsible for direct instruction of students, as well as planning instruction and setting goals in Mathematics, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, and Geometry. Communicated standards, achievements and deficiencies to students and parents in clear and timely manner. Monitored and assessed academic progress as well as maintained complete and accurate student academic and disciplinary records. Maintained and continually improved upon professional knowledge/skills. Coached distance team as well as prepared daily team and individual workouts to achieve goals.
PLUGIN & THEME DEVELOPER
CONTRIBUTOR, Contributed to the Core of WordPress, Genesis Framework, and many popular WordPress plugins including Easy Digital Downloads, Soliloquy, Easy Content Types, etc.
See wpsmith.net for more information.
DALLAS THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, Dallas, Texas
Th.M., Academic Studies, 2006, Cum Laude
COLUMBIA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, Columbia, South Carolina
B.S., Bible and Secondary Education, 2002, Cum Laude
Certifications & Professional Development
Adobe Training, 2009-2010
Lynda.com Training, 2009-2010
Lean Management at FedEx, 2005
Total Quality Management, 2005
ACSI Teacher Certified, 2002
Evangelical Theological Society, 2004-2010
SCORM, Adobe Creative and eLearning Suites (Flash, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Professional, Captivate, Soundbooth/Audition), Articulate Studio ’09 & Storyline (Beta Tester), Microsoft Office Suite 1997-2003, 2010, OpenOffice.org, Business Objects, Lotus Notes, PeopleSoft, eForms, Classroom Management, Camtasia, CSS/HTML, PHP/MySQL, WordPress (Plugin & Theme Developer), SEO, Warehouse Management System, SQI Analysis, AS/400
Hobbies and Interest
Volleyball, Ultimate Frisbee, running, reading, web development and design, social media (WordPress)